Insurance News Utah
Hatch Insurance Group
When Was The Last Time You Reviewed Your Home Owner’s Insurance Policy With Your Agent?
At the beginning of each year, many people set New Year’s resolutions to lose weight, to be more organized, and a myriad of other things.
But, how many of us have thought about this being a good time to better protect our home and personal belongings with a homeowners insurance review?
We always ask prospective clients if they know who their current insurance agent is and frequently we get a response of “No”. In many instances, prospective clients have no idea if they are properly insured. Too many people have become comfortable with just paying their premiums and then hoping that their coverage is sufficient when disaster strikes and they need their insurance policy to pay for the damage they’ve sustained.
With it being the beginning of a new year, this might be an ideal time to ask ourselves a few question:
- What are the benefits of an annual insurance review?
- What does my current policy cover?
- What does my current policy exclude?
- Does my policy provide enough coverage to rebuild my home if a claim occurred today?
- How do changes, such as a newly finished basement, affect my policy?
- Does my policy provide enough coverage for landscaping or outdoor appliances?
- Do I need special coverage for valuables?
- Do I need to have an inventory of my personal property and valuables in case of a loss?
- Do I qualify to receive any discounts on my annual premium?
Resolve to call your insurance agent and discuss these question and any other concerns you might have so you can know that you are properly insured. If you don’t know who your current agent is, call us!